Rotary Friendship Exchange Trip to Ecuador
November 4- 20, 2016
Tour leader: Pedro Cevallos-Candau
Rotarians and partners are invited to participate in a wonderful trip to Ecuador that includes tours, a Rotary Project Fair and visits to Rotary communities. Final details pending, but here's the general plan. For more info: Ecuador Fellowship Trip
There are three parts to the trip, they include:
- November 4 or 5: Depart Chicago O'Hare November 6 and arrive in Guayaquil that evening (José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport).
- November 6 to 10 Travel to Quito by bus visiting the Inca Ruins in Ingapirca and then train at the Nariz del Diablo. (Possible stay overnight in an old Hacienda.)
- and then travel to Cuenca the next day by bus (three hours). Two days in Cuenca. Visit a Rotary service project in Cuenca (mobile surgical unit).
- November 11 - 13: Travel to Cuenca and attend the Rotary Project Fair.
- November 14 - 18: Travel to Galapagos Islands.
- November 19 - 20: Return to Guayauil, returning to Chicago on November 20.
You may register for the full trip or any of the parts, there is great flexibility and each city/stop will have specific meeting places with date and times.
Estimated cost: our travel agency is putting together the final package prices. We are anticipating that the full trip will cost between $4000 and $4500 plus air travel for about $1000 coach. Expect combined savings of $300 per couple. About 50% of the meals are included. Expect to spend $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner.
Deposit: A deposit of $250 can be made to hold your spot with the group.
Don't edit this block. Contains code necessary to hide/show popup on home page